Saturday, February 13, 2010

Introduction

In his book 'Outliers', Malcolm Gladwell proposes that even though genius and natural talent exist in the world, for the most part great talents and notables become that way through basically practice, practice, practice... He feels that one needs about 10,000 hours of practice to truly become great at something.

It is my intention to become a great nature photographer and naturalist. I started my 10,000 hours some time ago, but I have decided to start blogging to help me focus on what I am seeing and photographing on a more daily basis. Most photographs that I am interested in sharing will continue to go to my Flickr account, with links from here, but I think that I will post one photo here for each journal entry.

There are also people in my area trying to keep accurate records of what birds are using our natural spaces, in order to continue the fight to preserve these natural spaces. My hope is that some of my record keeping in this blog can help with this fight, which is so very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment