Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 16-19 2010 - Seattle

I got out walking Tuesday thru Thursday in Seattle. I saw 2 new birds while I was there - the Pigeon Guillemot and the Red-Necked Grebe. They were both shy and i had to chase them down just to get a distant shot. Both very nice looking birds, great colors. Very bright red feet on the Guillemot.

There were dozens of Barrow's Goldeneyes and they seemed a little bit larger than the ones we have seen at Shoreline, but I might have just been the angle from which I was viewing them. There was some of the cute male display going on, and they had a tendency to travel in straight lines , one behind the other. I got a shot of about 11 of them lined up this way.

On Thursday morning the clouds and fog lifted to reveal: mountains! I knew they were there somewhere. I have to pull some of the panoramic shots together and see what I shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment